It's this kind of adventurous spirit that keeps us in Montana and hopefully compels people like you to work for us.
Thanks for checking in for potential job openings at Planetary Design. The current openings are listed below. Click on the Title to enter the page to apply. Please don't forget to include your cover letter telling us why you want to become part of our team as well as your resume complete with at least 2 references. Feel free to also upload your portfolio or any additional files you feel would be pertinent to the position.
Best of luck and thank you for your interest.
Print Shop Production
Planetary Design, a local Missoula company, is pleased to offer a Print Shop Production role as a full time position for immediate fulfillment. Earn competitive wages and great benefits in a positive work environment with great upside potential for growth and advancement.
Job Duties Overview: Responsible preparing product for branding and then repackaging product after branding process is complete. Responsible for operating and maintaining printing machines, which currently include laser engravers (2), cylindrical screen printer, apparel screen printer, pad printer, conveyor oven and exposure units. Also responsible for editing customer provided art (logo) files using Adobe Illustrator so that they print properly on various Planetary Design products. Works to ensure that production jobs are completed according to schedule. Will assist in additional Operations duties as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Learning Procedures and Operations
● Learn operation of print machines
● Learn to use Adobe Illustrator and Trotec JobControl software.
● Cleaning and maintenance of workshop and print machines.
● Adhere to printing work-flow from start-to-finish of production.
● Learn and adhere to safety standards and procedures.
Education and Experience
● Large-format printer experience preferred but not required.
● Adobe Design Suite experience preferred but not required.
● Basic understanding of visual design and aesthetics.
● Computer literacy and aptitude required.
● Prior forklift operation preferred but not required.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
● Must have strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
● Must be willing to learn new procedures and adapt to changes rapidly.
● Must have strong attention to detail.
● Must be a self-motivated person who is able to perform at high levels with little direct supervision.
● Able to repeatedly lift 20+ lbs.
● Able to safely work with and/or around chemicals with strong smells and potency.
● Able to maintain a positive attitude in every circumstance.
● Contribute new ideas and viewpoints to existing procedures.
● Majority of work will be done in a climate-controlled environment.
● Normal work schedule will be Monday through Fridays. Also, limited weekend work may be necessary when production volume is high.